The Senior Accountant is responsible for all aspects relating to accounts receivable, credit, fixed assets, inventory, sales tax reporting, and monthly journal entries and account reconciliations relating to these accounts required during the month-end close process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain customer tax exemption certificates.
- Submit monthly sales tax reporting utilizing software tool.
- Ensure ERP systems are properly updated for tax status and credit terms.
- Prepare reporting necessary for collections and making assessments on uncollectable accounts and unclaimed property.
- Scan manual checks received to bank.
- Review and tag new assets; ensure fixed assets physical existence through periodic inventory.
- Maintain and reconcile intercompany schedules.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations relating to accounts receivable, allowance for doubtful accounts, fixed assets, inventory, sales tax, and others.
- Review monthly financial statements to ensure operating expenses are recorded properly, with explanations of key variances to budget.
- Participation in annual audit, including compiling workpapers for external audit.
- Serve as back-up to other accounting personnel as needed.
- Participate and support continual process improvement initiatives with move to new ERP system.
- Assist in creation of documentation of operating procedures for relevant business processes.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant experience required
- Strong foundation in accounting and “GAAP”
- Cost accounting experience a plus.
- Solid experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with ERP systems and ability to download and generate ad-hoc reports
- High standards of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven effectiveness in time management, organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills