Regional Manager – Dental Practice Operations
Under the direct supervision of the VP of Operations (COO), the Regional Operations Manager is responsible for leading, administering, and managing the overall clinical and administrative operations in this private equity backed Dental group. The Regional Manager is responsible for the daily and long term administrative, strategic planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of their region’s offices.
Management and Administration
- Measures the group's performance against stated goals and objectives to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provides regular on-site presence to connect with Office Managers and teams, observe performance, and provide support
- Collaborates with division leadership to ensure all providers are working at optimum efficiency in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist leaders with the implementation of new programs and service
- Provides strong leadership, team building and role modeling to all staff.
- Promotes an environment to ensure that all clinical services provided are in accordance with standards of practice and all federal, state and local regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures that the organization has the appropriate complement of trained clinical and administrative staff to ensure that its vision and objectives can be accomplished.
- Ensures that strategic objectives are appropriately aligned with existing and anticipated federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Manages annual performance review process for the group, in alignment with the company policies and procedures.
- 6-8 offices with office managers in each reporting - reports directly to the VP of Ops (COO)
Accounting and Finance
- Maintains P&L accountability for the group, inclusive of Rev and EBITDA budget targets, KPIs, and overall practice expenses
- Oversees the development of annual operating budgets for the group in coordination with the company's Operational and Financial leadership teams
- Continually seeks opportunities to identify and enhance product and service offerings in order to enhance overall practice profitability.
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Masters degree preferred
- 6+ years experience in operational/P&L leadership
- Dental experience required
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
I was very impressed with Nate’s attention to detail and making sure I had as much information and guidance as possible prior to my phone interview. His comments helped understand the employer’s perspective better.
Bruce, Chief Operating Officer in Kentucky