Corporate Safety Regulation & Compliance Manager
Directs and coordinates company-wide safety and OSHA activities including worker’s compensation; safety; and external interfaces with insurance companies, fire departments & other private/governmental organizations regarding employee & company asset safety & fire protection to support company’s strategic goals and objectives. Supports and develops management to ensure compliance and safety of manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Coordinate the establishment and maintenance of safe and healthful working conditions including implementation of activities, policies and programs to reduce or eliminate industrial accidents, injuries and health hazards.
- Manage the worker’s compensation claims by assisting Human Resources to investigate and report claims, and assist with employee return to work program. Communicate with management and insurance company as advocate and liaison.
- Develop, recommends and maintain operational safety policies and procedures that comply with local, state and federal laws, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations. Monitors compliance, follows up when corrective action is required and reports serious situations and violations of safe practices, federal rules and regulations.
- Develops and implements employee education, development and training programs to facilitate employee development including all levels of management to support the attainment of company goals and objectives.
- Administer internal and outside training courses and implementation of various employee education, development and training programs to facilitate workforce development that contributes to the achievement of company goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and maintains daily/weekly 5S walks to monitor company housekeeping, identifies potential safety issues and publishes reports weekly. Provides vigorous follow up to ensure company standards are maintained.
- Assist with operational facility safety audits and inspections by external organizations
- Manage and maintain the program by developing policies, educating employees, and preparing formal responses to internal and external agencies
- Conduct risk assessment within company operations in order to identify and mitigate risk
- Act as advisor to employees and management of revised and updated regulations and policies
- Assist with external and internal audits
- Present a variety of information and materials to senior leadership and operations management in business meetings
- Effectively communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders using multiple tools to ensure effective visual communication
- Perform similar level or nature of duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience; and,
- Three (3) years’ safety management experience; and,
- Two (2) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Use of computer hardware to include desktop, mouse, keyboard, etc.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
WHAT CANDIDATES SAY ABOUT THIS RECRUITER:
Very professional, flexible on my schedule, perfect follow up & spoke very professionally. Great over all service!
Larry, Sales Manager in the Chicago Area